Hedlinoos

Ruminations on the crazy people we are, by a retired teacher/musician. Can't get the "requests" out of my system after years of barroom/lounge/restaurant/party gigs mining 100 years worth of the musical mother-lode.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

To whom much is given, much is expected

I left somewhere, drove somewhere else, it was a nice day, no one shot at me, and I got where I was going. It was that simple.
It was so simple, I was jarred into consciousness as to how fortunate I was. I needed to remind myself that most people in the world do not have that ease of transport, or freedom to enjoy, without a care in the world. The cares I do have are all workable; I need not worry how I shall survive for the day.

There is no option in my life not to have serious, ongoing concern for people less blessed. I then turn to "the world" and what's going on today,and wonder where my country went wrong. The answer is forthcoming quickly: our leaders do not think we owe anybody anything for the blessings we enjoy. If they did, would they rush to war? Would they fail to meet the needs of thousands in the worst natural catastrophe our nation has ever known? Would they forget the poem of Emma Lazarus at the Statue of Liberty?

The tight-fisted mood of those who would turn out the poor who seek to find sustenance in our country as they cross a border at risk of life, is not what is best in America. It does not represent a majority of Americans in any sense.
But it goes on, because the nasty, tight-fisted ones have control of the government.

November looms: the tight-fisted are vicious, and will stop at nothing to maintain control. Are you angry enough to be as committed as they are? Are you leading the fight to get our government back? If not, expect more of the same.

End of ruminations for today.

2 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, Blogger Larry Grogan said...

Well said! Welcome back.

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a way that I can subscribe to this blog without being on Blogger. I found your blog quite interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home